Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Middleman and Doctor Who tie-in special

I spent my lunch hour reading about the tv show The Middleman. It's about a young female artist named Wendy who helps the Middleman fight aliens, monsters and assorted weirdos. While I haven't been able to watch said show yet (but I will watch at least the pilot when I get home tonight), I have been enjoying thinking of tie-in episodes. Fighting aliens and monsters of course made me think of Doctor Who. So here's my idea for a fabulous Middleman/Doctor Who tie-in:

Ideally, it would be one of the special longer episode showing in 2009. The companion-less Doctor stumbles upon the Middleman while tracking down an alien on earth. (Ooo, new idea. Have the alien he's tracking down be the Middleman's tech lady, Ida. I think she's an alien. Must watch show.) They defeat the bad guy together. The Doctor is impressed by the skills of Wendy and tries to poach her from the Middleman. (Wouldn't that be a novelty for the new Doctor Who series, a female companion who already has experience with aliens when the Doctor meets her.)

Here is where my thoughts divide. I can't decide if Wendy and Middleman should go on one adventure with the Doctor, and then go home to protect earth as is their duty, or just Wendy should go and then come back, or if Wendy should reject the Doctor's offer entirely.

I'll have a better idea once I watch a few episodes of The Middleman.

No comments: