Friday, October 10, 2008

Why I'm really going to miss Donna Noble

Let's put aside the WAY Donna left Doctor Who for a minute and just talk about how much I'm going to miss her. This is ironic since I initially hated Donna. I thought she was annoying and incredibly immature. But she changed. Oh my, did she change, and in the process of changing Donna became someone that I am really going to miss. Yes, Catherine Tate is brilliant and funny, but there's more to it for me.

On a superficial basis, I'm going to miss having a beautiful, full-figured woman as a main character. Other than Allison Dubois on Medium, can anyone name a female lead who has some healthy curves?

There are many shows in television with central male and female main characters, and just about every one of them has some sort of sexual tension or will they/wont they hook up happening. One of the reasons I loved the last season of Doctor Who was while there was a male and female lead, the question of romance wasn't there and the writers were able to explore the realms of friendship in ways other shows don't get to.

No comments: