Monday, October 27, 2008

Middleman is the American Doctor Who

Previously I speculated about a tie-in special with Doctor Who and The Middleman. I have since watched all the episodes of The Middleman I could find and I am convinced that Middleman is the American Doctor Who. Well...I guess he's more like Captain Jack since his secret headquarters is a building and they don't leave the planet, but it's still in the Whoniverse. Let's examine the evidence:
  • Knowledgeable man of mystery with odd phrases and sense of humor
  • Attractive and competent sidekick/companion
  • Deals with aliens and words of weird creatures
  • Family and friends do not know what companion really does
  • Fun, odd and impossible gadgets
  • Focus on witty dialogue and character-based story telling
  • Family-friendly
Now I really think a Doctor Who/Middleman crossover would be a blast. It will never happen, but it would be so much fun :)

I'm kind of sad I didn't find out about Middleman sooner. I had cable this summer and could have watched the show if I had known of its existence. ~sigh~ Now I just have to hope the show comes back for a second season.

No comments: